With age, every part of our body becomes weak and our bones become brittle. As the age sets in, our important joints, especially the ball and socket joints they tend to become more and more prone to fracture and break; a little accident and it can result in a lifetime of pain.
Well, if the pain in your knee joint is killing you there are plenty of options to find treatment and get relief from the pain. Though surgery is never the first option however in case all non-surgical interventions fail, then there remains no option but to opt for a knee replacement surgery. Our orthopaedic surgeon will be the best person to decide whether or not you need a surgery and you need to prepare yourself financially for a general knee replacement surgery cost India, but here are some signs and symptoms that you need to be on the lookout which are indicators of the fact that you need a knee replacement surgery:
- It is a pain that just refuses to go away. A little too much walking or after a stressful day, if the pain comes back then it is not a good sign at all.
- If you have the habit of exercising regularly and if your knee aches during or after that then it is time to rush to your doctor.
- The first thing that a chronic knee problem will bring is issues with mobility. You will not be able to walk properly and you will immense difficulty when it comes to using stairs.
- Sometimes the pain gets so severe that it can even mess with your sleep. If that happens then you should not waste any more time before going to the doctor.
- If you have been sitting somewhere like in a car or in a movie theatre and your leg stiffens after that, then you have a chronic knee problem which needs to be treated.
- If the doctor has advised you medications and the use of a cane for your problem and you have been doing so for a long time, but the pain still refuses to subside, then there is no other option for you but to go for a knee replacement surgery.
These are some of the signs that you need to aware of when if you think that you might need a knee replacement surgery. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms then you should consult your doctor immediately and have your joint looked at. If the pain is in both of your knee joints then a knee replacement surgery in at least one of them is a must for you to increase your mobility. This is a fairly common problem all across the world and can afflict anybody at an old age. So, when you opt for a Mediclaim policy, just to be on the safe side do make sure that the cost of knee replacement surgery in India is covered in it.
There is nothing to be worried about this kind of a fairly regular procedure. Just make sure that you know the right time to go for it.